Father is considered the guard that God sends to this world to protect us. He is the one who has raised us, encouraged us, and taught us many things about life. He gives us the strength, power, and brave to fight for what we want. We have a special day for fathers, but do you know exactly the meaning of Father’s Day?
History of Father’s Day
There are many celebrations honoring family members, such as Mother’s Day, Siblings Day, and Grandparents’ Day. Mother’s Day was an official holiday in 1908 and then, became the inspiration for Father’s Day.
However, the celebration of the day of fathers once did not receive the same enthusiasm as that of Mother’s Day. People believed that there are many reasons for this lack of enthusiasm. In which, it was perhaps that fathers were not as emotional as mothers.
Father’s Day is only recognized 58 years after Mother’s Day, when Washington State marked this as a statewide day on June 19, 1910.
After that, the holiday slowly spread to neighboring regions. In 1916, they honored Father’s Day by using telegraph signals in Washington, D.C. President Calvin Coolidge also urged state governments to celebrate this day in 1924.
Today, the day honoring fathers is observed in the United States on the third Sunday of June. The next Father’s Day will be on Sunday, June 20, 2021. In addition to that, it will be held on various dates in different countries around the world. For example, in Europe and Latin America, Father’s Day occurs on March 19, which is St. Joseph’s Day.
Importance of Father’s Day
Father’s Day celebration is regarded as an important day to appreciate the contribution of fathers not only to individual families but also to society.
The Day is a time for everyone to appreciate fatherhood and paternal bonds, as well as to acknowledge the importance of fathers in our life. Besides honoring Father’s Day, this is also a great opportunity for children to express love and respect for their fathers.
What to give on Father’s Day?
Since fathers are not emotional like mothers, it seems to be tricky to find a perfect present for dad, right? Don’t too worry about it. You can easily choose one from our 5 ideal gifts for Father’s Day below:
- Leather stuffs: Leather items are simple but stylish. They are even waterproof and durable. Giving your father a leather bag or wallet is not a bad idea at all.
- Clothes: you can choose from thousands of options, including T-shirts, sweaters, coats, jeans, trousers …
- Personalized Family Mugs: Not only your father but also your entire family members will satisfy with this present. Because these items are customized, you can design them in your own way.
- Bottle Openers: Almost all men love beer or wine, even your beloved daddy. Therefore, send him a handy Bottle Opener on Father’s Day.
- Pop up card ideas: A greeting card is an indispensable item apart from other presents. It is one of the best ways for you to write down your own messages to your father on this special occasion.
Besides this, there are plenty of other gift choices that you can consider. Whichever you give your dad on Father’s Day, we believe that it comes from your heart. He will definitely feel your heartfelt sentiment and treasure it forever.